These cream cheese muffins are filled with a lightly sweetened cream cheese mixture and topped with a crunchy sweet golden streusel topping.
For the muffins:
- 1 1/2 c. frozen blueberries
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ c. coconut oil, melted
- 4 T. melted butter
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ c. milk
- 1 T. vanilla extract
For cream cheese filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
For crumb topping:
- 1/3 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 T. butter, melted
- 2/3 c. plus 1 T. all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a standard muffin tin or prepare tin with liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted coconut oil, melted butter, and brown sugar. Whisk until thoroughly incorporated. Add eggs, vanilla and milk and whisk until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and incorporate them together until fully combined.
- Add frozen blueberries, gently folding into the batter. Be careful not to over-mix.
- In a medium bowl, add softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Combine the ingredients together until crumbly.
- Fill muffin tins with blueberry muffin batter until approximately 1/2 of the way full. Add roughly 1/2 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture to the top of the muffin batter then top with a little more muffin batter. Spread streusel crumble evenly over each muffin top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.