Farmgirl Blueberry Lemonade Cocktail
Five o’clock never tasted so good! Here’s a fun summer cocktail filled with our favorite fresh Oregon blueberries. This Farmgirl Blueberry Lemonade Cocktail is prepared with a blueberry simple syrup and served over ice with a splash of gin. This is a beautiful cocktail but it’s even tastier to sip.
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 ½ cup fresh Oregon blueberries, reserve ½ cup for serving
¾ cup fresh lemon juice
4 cups water
Ice & Fresh mint sprigs
- In a medium sauce pan. over medium high heat, add sugar, water and 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the blueberries have softened and some of them have burst.
- Take the pan off the heat and let the blueberry simple syrup cool.
- Strain the syrup with a kitchen sieve or strainer. Refrigerate.
- In a large pitcher add the blueberry simple syrup, fresh lemon juice and 4 cups of cold water and stir.
- To make a cocktail, add a few fresh blueberries and ice to the bottom of a glass.
- Pour 1 ½ ounces of gin over the ice and top with 3 ounces Farmgirl Blueberry Lemonade and stir.
- Garnish with fresh mint springs.
- Serve immediately and sip!
Makes 1 cup blueberry simple syrup
Makes 6 cups lemonade