Fresh Oregon Blueberry Coconut Milk Rice Pudding
There is nothing better than a bowl of comforting rice pudding, unless it’s a rice pudding that includes fresh Oregon blueberries. This lovely dessert is rich and creamy, slightly spiced and filled with plump, juicy Oregon blueberries for a luscious twist on a classic dessert.
1 15-ounce can full fat coconut milk
1 cup water
½ cup Jasmine Rice
½ cup sugar
2 whole cloves
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
8 ounces fresh Oregon blueberries
¼ cup heavy cream to finish the pudding
½ cup toasted sweetened flaked coconut and fresh blueberries, for garnish
- In a medium size pot over medium heat add the coconut milk, water, sugar, whole cloves, cardamom, jasmine rice and stir.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down, partially cover and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring frequently so the rice doesn’t stick.
- Remove the cover and stir the rice pudding. Continue to simmer on low heat for another 15-20 minutes (stirring frequently) or until the rice is soft and the pudding has slightly thickened.
- Take the pudding off the heat and stir in the heavy cream and blueberries.
- Let the pudding rest for five minutes before serving.
- Garnish with toasted sweetened flaked coconut and additional fresh blueberries.
This pudding can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. Reheat with a little water to thin out the pudding.