This Blueberry Sour Cream Cake recipe is amazingly easy and ultra scrumptious! With its moist, tender crumb and berry sweetness, it can be enjoyed for a snack and dessert.
Blueberry Pastry Pockets
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 T Lemon juice
- 1 T Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. Realfruit Classic Pectin
- In a nonstick saucepan, add blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla and cook over medium heat until they soften and release their juices.
- Add pectin then continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator before making pop tarts.
- 1 box pre-rolled pie crust (2 crusts per box)
- 1 cup blueberry jam
- 1 /4 cup water (for sealing pie crusts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 T milk
- 2 T blueberry jam
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Lay a sheet of parchment on a baking sheet.
- Unroll crust onto a cutting board or flat surface. Using a rectangular cookie cutter or sharp knife, cut as many pieces of approx. 3” by 4” rectangles as you can from each crust (approx. 6 rectangles from each crust).
- Lay out 6 rectangles on the parchment lined baking sheet. Add 1 ½ Tbs. of blueberry jam. Brush the edges with water (dip finger in water and gently wet edges) and then place another rectangle on top of the rectangle with the jam. Gently pinch the edges to seal and then using a fork, crimp the edges.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooled, whisk together icing ingredients and spread over each pastry pocket. Enjoy!