Make Oregon blueberries the star of your holiday baking!
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 6 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 4 c. frozen blueberries
- 2 pre-made pie crusts
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg, then sprinkle over frozen blueberries and mix together.
- Line mini pie tins with mini pie crusts or if using standard size pre-made crusts just carefully trace pie tins with a knife to cut proper size.
- Pour berry mixture into the crust.
- Cut remaining pastry into ½ inch wide strips, and make lattice top or cut your favorite festive shapes with cookie cutters for a more festive look.
- Whisk egg white and brush on pie crust.
- Bake pies on a large cookie sheet on the middle shelf of oven for 25-30 minutes, or until crusts are golden brown.
Makes 12 mini pies