Frozen blueberries are blended with garbanzo beans, mascarpone cheese, lemon zest, and golden honey, then finished with fresh blueberries, granola and other toppings of choice for this perfectly sweet snack, starter or conclusion to a meal.
Sweet Blueberry Hummus
- 6 cups frozen blueberries
- 4 cups garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup clover honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup oat granola
- 5 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 12 slices sourdough bread, toasted and halved
- In a food processor, puree blueberries, garbanzo beans, mascarpone cheese, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, and kosher salt until smooth.
- Transfer blueberry hummus to a ½-gallon air-tight container, cover, and store chilled until service.
- For service, assemble each 3-serving shareable platter in the following order:12 fl. oz. blueberry hummus, 2 tablespoons fresh blueberries, 1 tablespoon honey roasted walnuts, 1 tablespoon oat granola, 1 teaspoon hemp hearts, 3 half-slices of toasted sourdough bread.
- Servings: 12 (4 shareable platters)
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
Frozen blueberries can be substituted for fresh blueberries.
Hummus toppings can be changed based on operator pantry items.