Blueberry Turkey Burgers with Blueberry Ketchup
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen (unthawed) blueberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass (optional)*
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 poppy seed hamburger buns
- Lettuce and sliced red onion, optional
- Blueberry Ketchup (recipe follows)
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, blueberries, ginger, lemongrass and black pepper; mix well.
- Form mixture into 4 patties.
- Brush soy sauce on both sides of burgers.
- In an oiled skillet over medium-high heat, grill patties until cooked thoroughly, about 4 minutes each side.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, sliced red onion and blueberry ketchup.
- Number of servings (yield): 4