Mini Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake Loaves
Mini Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake Loaves make the most delicious holiday gift. They are filled with the vibrant, sweet flavor of Oregon blueberries with a moist and sumptuous texture. These sweet little loaves will bring plenty of tasty merriment to any holiday gathering.
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
2 cups frozen blueberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Then add the eggs one at a time until thoroughly incorporated.
- Then add in the vanilla and lemon extract.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and add them to the creamed mixture, alternating with the sour cream.
- Once the mixture is combined, fold in the frozen blueberries.
- Lightly grease the mini loaf pans with either a spray oil or butter.
- Divide the batter evenly between four mini loaf pans ( 5 ¾ x 3 ¼ x 2), (Or use two medium size loaf pans 8 x 4 x 2 ½ )
- Place the mini loaf pans on a baking sheet and then place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake for about 50 - 60 minutes or until the top is springy to the touch and the center is baked through.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool. Wrap in little bags and decorate for gift giving. Store covered.
Makes 4 mini loaves