Blueberry Cardamom Baked Oatmeal
Grab a boost of blue in this delicious Blueberry Cardamom Baked Oatmeal. Frozen Oregon blueberries are a great way to pump up your immune system. The sweet flavor of blueberries is combined with the fragrant spice of cardamom in this easy and tasty baked oatmeal.
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
3 cups whole milk or milk alternative
¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
2 cups frozen blueberries
Serve with whipped cream and maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8x11 or 9x9 baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, baking powder, ground cardamom salt and brown sugar.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and melted butter.
- Add the oats to the milk and then gently fold in the frozen blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for about 45-50 minutes or until the oatmeal is firm.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, honey and whipped cream if desired.